Will Colorado’s new pot stores have enough weed on hand to handle the demand on Jan. 1? Will there be lines around the block?
The Denver Post has a list of retail marijuana stores approved for the historic January 1 opening. Here are the Denver stores — for those in other parts of the state, check the Post article. Also, keep in mind this list is of approved stores, and some owners may decide to delay opening. The Post says it will update when more info becomes available.
- 3D Cannabis Center, 4305 Brighton Blvd.
- CitiMed, 1640 E. Evans Ave.
- Dank Colorado, 3835 Elm St.
- Denver Kush Club, 2615 Welton St.
- Evergreen Apothecary, 1568 S. Broadway
- The Green Solution, 2601 W. Alameda Ave and 4400 Grape St.
- The Grove, 74 Federal Blvd.
- The Haven, 777 Canosa Court
- The Healing House Denver, 2383 Downing St.
- Kindman, 4125 Elati St.
- LoDo Wellness, 1617 Wazee St.
- Medicine Man Denver, 4750 Nome St.
- The Shelter, 4095 Jackson St.
In all, 348 licenses have been granted in [19 municipalities and 7 counties.
If you are wondering why your county or city is missing from the list, it’s most likely because your city council or county commissioners opted out and refused to allow the stores right now. Just another reminder that we get the Government we elect. You can make your disapproval felt at the ballot box in the next election.
To answer the opening question, nobody knows what demand will look like.
Some pot shop owners are planning to install purchasing caps and other limits to try to avoid a run on weed.