[youtube id=”1MeAjew_kYU” ]
The City and County of Denver has a new website on marijuana. Not surprisingly, it concentrates on what is not legal. The six things it wants you to know:
- It is illegal to consume marijuana in public.
- It is illegal to take marijuana out of state.
- Only licensed establishments can sell retail marijuana products.
- It is illegal for retail establishments to give or sell marijuana to minors.
- You must be over 21 to possess or use “retail marijuana
- It is illegal to “drive high
Some other things Denver would like you to know:
- Colorado residents over age 21 can buy and possess up to 1 ounce of retail marijuana at a time. Non-residents are limited to ¼ ounce.
- Until 2016, you must be a currently licensed medical marijuana center, manufacturer or cultivator to apply for recreational retail license.
As for growing marijuana in your home:
- Colorado residents over age 21 can grow up to 6 marijuana plants. But roommates take note: No more than 12 total plants are allowed per residence regardless of the number of adults living there.
- Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area.
As for Brewer and Shipley, 43 years have passed and they’re still performing the song.