When retail marijuana stores and bakeries open on January 1, 2014, here’s what Colorado NORML says you should know.Legal: Stores can sell marijuana and marijuana-infused products to adults for recreational use.
- Age Limit: Adults 21 and older can possess and purchase up to one ounce of marijuana as well as marijuana-infused products at retail marijuana stores.
- Quantity Limits: Colorado residents can purchase up to one ounce of marijuana at retail marijuana stores. Non-residents can purchase up to a quarter ounce.
- Stores Require: Valid Photo ID. Many will only accept cash.
- No Resale: You can give away up to one ounce of marijuana but you cannot resell it unless you have a marijuana business license.
- No Public Use: It is illegal to consume marijuana in public.
- No Driving: It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana
- No Travel: It is illegal to take marijuana outside of Colorado.
- No Underage Sharing: It is illegal to provide marijuana to or use marijuana with anyone under 21.
Colorado NORML has an informative new webpage devoted to the state’s recreational marijuana law. It’s filled with practical and legal information. I highly recommend bookmarking it.